Bhagat Law Firm
  • H1B Immigration Law Attorney

    Wake up to the taste of fresh organic fruits each day delivered right to your doorstep

h1b Visa

H1B visas are temporary visas that allow foreign-born professionals the opportunity to work in the United States. To be eligible for H-1B status, you must (1) have a minimum of a four-year university degree or equivalent; (2) be paid at the "prevailing wage"; and (3) the job must typically require a minimum four-year university degree or equivalent.

H-1B visas are subject to a cap of 65,000 visas issued per fiscal year. USCIS begins accepting applications at the beginning of April. If your petition is approved then you may start your employment in October. There are special rules for graduates working through Optional Practical Training which allows them to continue to work for their employer during the spring/summer while pending H1b approval and then change status to H1b in October

H-1B visas are typically valid for 3 years and can easily be extended for an additional 3 years. If you have an employer that wishes to sponsor you for a green card(via the PERM and i140 process) then you should aim to extend your H1b status until you become a green card holder. Please speak to an attorney regarding this matter.

Certain H-4 spouses of H-1B professionals are eligible to apply for work permits (EADs).

Please contact us at Bhagat Law Firm for any inquiries regarding your H1b petition.

latest news

Latest Immigration News

September Visa Bulletin Trump Changes Tone on Immigration

2 GOP Reps: Immigration Plan with Path to Citizenship

Lawsuit Claims Feds are Withholding Immigration Documents August Immigration Newsletter

All rights reserved